viernes, 20 de abril de 2012

PxTone

Maybe these are pretty old news (Christmas 2010), but yesterday I have downloaded the PxTone manual by Gryzor87. I found it some months ago while reading about Locomalito's games (Gryzor87 has collaborated with him in some of his games), and until yesterday I haven't looked at it.

PxTone as stated by the wikipedia is "both a freeware music editing program and the specialized music format (.pxtone) that it uses". It was created by Daisuke Amaya (Pixel) as a successor of the Organya format used in his awesome game Cave Story (by the way I haven't beat the final boss of Cave Story yet... maybe I'll write about it later). The PxTone Collage suite is a collection of programs that include an arranger/tracker program, a voice builder program, a WAV based voice editor program, a format player, an some instruments and resources to work with. I my self am a declared music lover and find this tool extremely interesting. In the other hand a library that enable the use of PxTone in Game Maker have been developed, so I hope that I can integrate it in my projects.


The manual itself is an incredibly detailed (96 pages) resource for music in games. I will be reading it trough my spare time, and I'll post any interesting thing that I found.

Talking about my really insignificant spare time, I am reading some Game Makers tutorials too, and I plan to write something about them as soon as I complete them.

OK, that's all, only a final word to thank the wonderful people that make the PxTone manual possible.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario